Party Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- EGG SALAD FILLING:
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chutney, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- HAM SALAD FILLING:
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) deviled ham
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool completely.
- 4. In separate bowls, combine the ingredients for egg salad filling and ham salad filling. Split puffs and remove soft dough from inside. Just before serving, spoon fillings into cream puffs; replace tops. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
1 egg salad-stuffed puff equals 38 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. 1 ham salad-stuffed puff equals 40 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.