These creamy tasty potatoes can be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator until you're ready to pop them in the oven (I often do that). The garlic powder and chives add zip, and the shredded cheese adds color. —Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (about 8 to 10 large) or 4 cups prepared instant potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, chives
- and garlic powder. Turn into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Combine
- bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes. Top with cheese and serve
- immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 207 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.