Party Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
Hearty helpings of these cheesy spuds will please hungry folks in a hurry. The rich, creamy sauce makes this recipe of my mother's the one folks request most. The potatoes are just as delicious the next day, reheat in the microwave with a little added milk.Debbie Carlson, San Diego, California
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 cups milk
- 7 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly; set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, onions, cheese, remaining salt and pepper. Place a third of the mixture in a greased 5-qt. baking dish; top with a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Party Potatoes Au Gratin in Country Woman
Reviews for Party Potatoes Au Gratin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >