Party Potatoes Recipe
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (about 8 to 10 large) or 4 cups prepared instant potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, chives and garlic powder. Turn into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Combine bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes. Top with cheese and serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Party Potatoes(13)
Sort By :
WONDERFUL DISH! I did not have the chives but it turned out amazing. Every one in the family loved the Party Potatoes. We are going to make this for Thanksgiving and add a little crumbled bacon on top.
Our stand-by when needing a great potato recipe! I must disagree with Richard G on his finding it "puzzling" to use the cheddar cheese because without this ingredient, it is bland and not worth making. The cheese is what makes this dish tasty! I would not use the bread crumbs though, only because it masks the taste of the dish. The more cheese the better it tastes! Everyone knows that!
My family has been making party potatoes for more than 30 years. Our recipe is the same but does not use the bread crumbs and cheddar cheese, who's use I find puzzling because the cream cheese and sour cream make this dish rich and cheesy
Will defitnely try this recipe!!
These look GREAT; I plan on baking this for Thanksgiving. I wonder how they would do if I fix them maybe a week or two ahead of time and freeze and then thaw a couple days before Thanksgiving?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >