- 4 cups mashed potatoes (about 8 to 10 large) or 4 cups prepared instant potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, chives and garlic powder. Turn into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Combine bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes. Top with cheese and serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Party Potatoes
"This was a good recipe."
"Always a favorite, and so nice to have mashed potatoes prepped before the meal. Never was a fan of mashing them right before eating when I'm trying to get everything else done and on the table."
"Could you put this in a crockpot instead of baking?"
"I've always made these with a container of sour cream and chive chip dip and then cheddar cheese on top. Great and very easy!"
"This was delicious. At the suggestion of others, I omitted the bread topping, but I used all the other ingredients. I didn't see a reason to bake it so long, so I tried it for 40 minutes and it was fine. I think that it would be good to add the shredded cheddar on top then put it back in the oven for a couple of minutes. My cheese didn't really melt even though I put it on right after removing the dish from the oven."