Party-Pleasing Beef Dish Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, garlic and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Add rice; cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Serve over tortilla chips with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Party-Pleasing Beef Dish
Sort By :
Very tasty and easy. Everyone loved it!
This recipe just didn't have much flavor & it was too sweet.
It's a slow-cooker recipe and you are just 'heating through' (beef and onion are cooked). If you want to fix it 'right now', mix it altogether in a skillet and heat it through. It should take you about 30 minutes. (If that's what your question mark meant, jofus86.)
cook on low for 4 hours?
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >