Party Pizzas Recipe
"A batch of these snacks gets cleared away fast with the irresistible combination of creamy cheese and lightly seasoned meat on crispy toast," assures Carolyn Snow of Sedalia, Missouri.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and seasonings; stir until cheese is melted. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons hot mixture on each bread slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Freeze pizzas or bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. To use frozen pizzas: Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 party pizzas equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC