"A batch of these snacks gets cleared away fast with the irresistible combination of creamy cheese and lightly seasoned meat on crispy toast," assures Carolyn Snow of Sedalia, Missouri.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no
- longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup
- and seasonings; stir until cheese is melted. Spread 1 to 2
- tablespoons hot mixture on each bread slice. Place on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Freeze pizzas or bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated
- To use frozen pizzas: Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 party pizzas equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium,