"A batch of these snacks gets cleared away fast with the irresistible combination of creamy cheese and lightly seasoned meat on crispy toast," assures Carolyn Snow of Sedalia, Missouri.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and seasonings; stir until cheese is melted. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons hot mixture on each bread slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Freeze pizzas or bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen pizzas: Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Party Pizzas in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Party Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review