- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound shaved fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill and garlic salt. Cut each pita in half horizontally; spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each cut surface.
- On four pita halves, layer the spinach, ham and cheese. Top with remaining pita halves. Cut each pita into four wedges; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 16 pieces.
Reviews for Party Pitas
Sort By :
Good sandwich; great spread. We put ours on Rye and Pump bread since the store didn't have any pitas. Still fantastic.
I certainly would make this recipe again. However I would make some changes.
I felt that the cream cheese spread needs some additional spices. It seemed very bland and slightly over powering. I added chopped scallions and Black Pepper to it and I made it up well in advance so that the flavors could Mature. No taste of the dill weed at all. I think some Beau Monde would be a great addition and that would certainly compliment the Cream Cheese.
Love the presentation. Perfect sized appetizers.
Excellent, and very easy!
THIS ALSO IS GREAT WITH SANDWICH THINS INSTEAD OF PITA, AND A LOT EASIER TO WORK WITH.
very easy and fast to make. i prepared this recently for 40 people and they loved them.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >