Party Pesto Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into two long rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Spread each with pesto; sprinkle with red peppers and cheese.
- 2. Roll each up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. With a sharp knife, cut each roll into 10 slices. Place cut side down 2 in. apart on two ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Party Pesto Pinwheels
"Very flavorful. I used homemade pesto and once used low fat crescent rolls, great either way!"
"These are great. I served them last Christmas and didn't have any leftover. I didn't even serve them with the pizza sauce."
"I just made this tonight and neither my husband nor my 9 year old really cared for it. I personally thought they were okay but it wasn't something I would make again or if I had them at a dinner party it wasn't something I would ask the host for the recipe for."
"One of my favorite appetizer recipes to share with friends! I'm making it tonight for a New Year's party. :-)"
"We made these for a family Christmas gathering and everyone loved them. I didn't have the roasted red peppers, so I substituted fresh red pepper that I sauted before adding to the filling mexture!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.