Party Pesto Pinwheels
I took a couple of my favorite recipes and combined them into these delicious hors d'oeuvres. The colorful and impressive snacks come together easily with refrigerated crescent roll dough, prepared pesto sauce and a jar of roasted red peppers.
Rochester, New York
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- Unroll crescent dough into two long rectangles; seal seams and
- perforations. Spread each with pesto; sprinkle with red peppers and
- Roll each up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. With a
- sharp knife, cut each roll into 10 slices. Place cut side down 2 in.
- apart on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm
- with pizza sauce. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.