Party Pesto Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- Unroll crescent dough into two long rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Spread each with pesto; sprinkle with red peppers and cheese.
- Roll each up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. With a sharp knife, cut each roll into 10 slices. Place cut side down 2 in. apart on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce. Yield: 20 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Party Pesto Pinwheels
Sort By :
Very flavorful. I used homemade pesto and once used low fat crescent rolls, great either way!
These are great. I served them last Christmas and didn't have any leftover. I didn't even serve them with the pizza sauce.
I just made this tonight and neither my husband nor my 9 year old really cared for it. I personally thought they were okay but it wasn't something I would make again or if I had them at a dinner party it wasn't something I would ask the host for the recipe for.
I substituted some home-roasted red peppers in these. Delicious with the pizza sauce, or with soup or chili. Use good quality pesto--it makes all the difference!
One of my favorite appetizer recipes to share with friends! I'm making it tonight for a New Year's party. :-)