Though they're small, Judy Theriot's pleasing "pies" are packed with flavor and sized right for a buffet. What's more, writes Judy from Pierre Part, Louisiana, "They can be stored in the freezer to make party or gift preparations that much easier."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Press tablespoonfuls of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups to form shells; set aside. Combine filling ingredients in a bowl. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon into each shell.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Party Pecan Pies in Country Woman November/December 1996, p20
Reviews for Party Pecan Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review