Party Mint Patties
These easy-to-make mint candies are perfect for any occasion throughout the year. Simply tint the dough the appropriate color. Friends and family will gobble these up in a jiffy! —Mrs. William Yoder, Bloomfield, Iowa
45 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Granulated sugar (about 1 cup)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and corn syrup. Add 2 cups
- confectioners' sugar and extract; beat well. Stir in 1 cup
- confectioners' sugar. Turn onto a work surface sprinkled with
- remaining confectioners' sugar; knead until sugar is absorbed and
- mixture is smooth.
- Divide into three portions. Tint one portion pink and one yellow;
- leave remaining portion white. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in
- granulated. Flatten with a fork. Let stand, uncovered, at room
- temperature for 1 day. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about
- 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 75 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.