These easy-to-make mint candies are perfect for any occasion throughout the year. Simply tint the dough the appropriate color. Friends and family will gobble these up in a jiffy! —Mrs. William Yoder, Bloomfield, Iowa
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Granulated sugar (about 1 cup)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and corn syrup. Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and extract; beat well. Stir in 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Turn onto a work surface sprinkled with remaining confectioners' sugar; knead until sugar is absorbed and mixture is smooth.
- Divide into three portions. Tint one portion pink and one yellow; leave remaining portion white. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in granulated. Flatten with a fork. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Party Mint Patties in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p198
Reviews for Party Mint Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review