- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Granulated sugar (about 1 cup)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and corn syrup. Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and extract; beat well. Stir in 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Turn onto a work surface sprinkled with remaining confectioners' sugar; knead until sugar is absorbed and mixture is smooth.
- Divide into three portions. Tint one portion pink and one yellow; leave remaining portion white. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in granulated. Flatten with a fork. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Party Mint Patties
Sort By :
These were great. So easy to make. I substituted a dairy free butter substituted since we have milk allergies and then took it a step farther and coated them in melted dark chocolate. It turned out wonderful. I am slightly obsessed with chocolate so I prefer the chocolate covered ones but my kids both liked them better without. They were good either way. Great recipe.
Make these every year at Christmas, they melt in your mouth and have a perfect, mild mint flavor!
Alot of fun to make with kids. Flavored extracts work great too for those who do not like mint. Can be colored to match any holiday.