These meatballs in a sweet, tangy sauce can be made a day in advance and reheated. We usually serve them at birthday parties. - Irma Schnuelle, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
20 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, soup mix and 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased
- rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and remaining
- Worcestershire sauce in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat. Cook and stir until thickened. Reduce heat; add meatballs.
- Simmer until heated through, about 15 minutes. Yield: about 5