Party Franks Recipe
"These tiny tangy appetizers have such broad appeal. I prepare them often for holiday gatherings, weddings and family reunions," relates Lucille Howell of Portland, Oregon. "They're convenient to serve at parties since the sauce can be made ahead, then just reheated with the franks before serving."
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds miniature hot dogs or smoked sausage links
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Add lemon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Discard lemon slices. Place hot dogs in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm; serve with toothpicks. Yield: 25-30 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 142 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC