- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds miniature hot dogs or smoked sausage links
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Add lemon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Discard lemon slices. Place hot dogs in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm; serve with toothpicks. Yield: 25-30 servings.
Originally published as Party Franks in Country Woman November/December 2000, p40
Reviews for Party Franks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"This is a great recipe. I love the tangy sauce. Whenever I make this, I have to double the recipe because my family loves them so much. I would encourage everyone to try and make this at least once....you won't regret it!"