Party Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
Meatballs make a great party food and this recipe makes a lot. You can keep them warm in a slow cooker. They move fast at my parties so plan on refilling the dish.—Jessica Hodgson, Peach Bottom, Pennsylvania
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until no longer pink; drain.
- 3. In a Dutch oven, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cool. Transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen meatballs: Thaw in the refrigerator; heat in a Dutch oven or microwave. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 meatball: 61 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Party Cranberry Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC