Party Crab Puffs Recipe
I received this recipe years ago from my grandmother. She also told me to have fun being creative and experimenting in the kitchen. My friends request these little puffs at every gathering. —Jean Bevilacqua, Rhododendron, Oregon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon 1 teaspoonful filling into each puff; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Replace tops. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 crab puff equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC