Nothing shaves time from party preparations like a no-fuss appetizer. Kimberly McGuire's rich and flavorful seafood spread is the perfect example. The Dunlap, Illinois reader suggests serving it with crackers or toasted bread rounds.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Seafood seasoning or paprika, optional
- Crackers and/or raw vegetables
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch and the wine or broth until smooth. Add cream cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-75 seconds longer or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the crab, cream, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add cheddar cheese; heat 45-60 seconds longer. Stir until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired. Serve with crackers and vegetables. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Party Crab Dip in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Party Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review