Party Chicken Wings
These moist wings— marinated overnight in a soy sauce, mustard and brown sugar mixture— are excellent party appetizers. At our house, they're a must for holiday gatherings.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting;
- cover and refrigerate. Place the wings in a large resealable plastic
- bag or shallow glass bowl. Pour the remaining marinade over wings;
- turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain and
- discard marinade. Place the wings in a shallow baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour, brushing several times with
- reserved soy sauce mixture during the last 30 minutes of baking.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer