Party Chicken Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Diced pimientos and additional sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers or snack rye bread
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Stir in the chicken, eggs and green onions.
- 2. Shape into an 8-in. x 2-in. log. Garnish with pimientos and onions. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup of spread (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.