Party Chicken Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Diced pimientos and additional sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers or snack rye bread
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Stir in the chicken, eggs and green onions.
- 2. Shape into an 8-in. x 2-in. log. Garnish with pimientos and onions. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Party Chicken Spread
"do not add egg"
"Excellent, but I leave out the eggs. I think they ruin the taste."