Party Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Party Cheese Bread
Sort By :
Everyone at the party said it was yummy. Very filling.
A group of 7 of us did not care for this at all. The lemon and mustard seemed out of place. I like the presentation and concept but I think next time I would just use the cheese and a garlic butter blend.
WAY too many calories and fat grams. It is so good, I want to eat it more often, SO I made it with fat free mayo rather than butter, and used half the cheese. Same excellent flavor as original recipe. I love adapting all these wonderful recipes to fit our needs, health-wise. I appreciate hearing how others adapt this and other recipes, and the end result. Being creative is what makes great cooks! This is definitely a keeper.
Very very good!! I cannot believe my family ate an entire loaft of bread with dinner!!
I made this for a 4th of July part and everyone loved it! It got eaten up so quick I wish I had made two. I will probably make this ALOT during football season.