Party Cheese Bread Recipe
You can't go wrong with this recipe. It looks fantastic and people just flock to it! It's great with pasta, too. Cheesy, buttery and finger-licking good, this bread is hard to beat. It's so simple and the taste is sinful! —Karen Grant, Tulare, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- 2. Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 491 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC