You can't go wrong with this recipe. It looks fantastic and people just flock to it! It's great with pasta, too. Cheesy, buttery and finger-licking good, this bread is hard to beat. It's so simple and the taste is sinful! —Karen Grant, Tulare, California
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Party Cheese Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p18
Reviews for Party Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review