- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound (16 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first six ingredients. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Party Cheese Bread
"My family loves this recipe. My only change - I use Dijonnaise instead of regular Dijon mustard. This maybe gives it a little milder mustard flavor. It's not low cal, but none of my recipes are!!"
"great, easy & very pretty appetizer..I too added bacon over the top..guys loved it ,while watching football."
"It also makes no sense to comment/complain about other ratings, give the recipe one star in order to do so, but give no actual feedback on the recipe. It takes away from the true rating for the recipe.I did make this bread and it was delicious! I added crumbled bacon to the top and served it at a brunch tailgate. I will probably shred the cheese next time to allow better, more even melting."
"Amen Masterpiece. What good does it do to say they haven';t tired it, tasted it, or made it???? Hold REVIEW until AFTER you have actually attempted this or at least tasted it..."
"I don't understand how anyone who hasn't made this as written, can rate it appropriately. I wanted to see reviews from people who actually made this."