Party Cheese Balls Recipe
These tangy cheese balls are guaranteed to spread cheer at your next gathering. The ingredients create a colorful presentation and a savory combination of flavors. As a grandmother who loves to cook, I send many pantry presents off to college.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:28 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into two balls; roll one ball in pecans and one in parsley. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-3/4 cups each).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC