Party Cheese Balls
These tangy cheese balls are guaranteed to spread cheer at your next gathering. The ingredients create a colorful presentation and a savory combination of flavors. As a grandmother who loves to cook, I send many pantry presents off to college.
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into two balls; roll one ball in pecans and one in parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes
- before serving with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-3/4 cups
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.