These tangy cheese balls are guaranteed to spread cheer at your next gathering. The ingredients create a colorful presentation and a savory combination of flavors. As a grandmother who loves to cook, I send many pantry presents off to college.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into two balls; roll one ball in pecans and one in parsley. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-3/4 cups each).
Originally published as Party Cheese Balls in Country Woman November/December 2003, p31
Reviews for Party Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2011
"Great recipe that everyone raves about."