Party Carrots Recipe
People who don’t like carrots often change their minds after tasting this easy-to-fix dish. It’s nice for potlucks because you can prepare it ahead of time. —Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, combine process cheese and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Add the cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain carrots; stir into cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 270 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC