People who don’t like carrots often change their minds after tasting this easy-to-fix dish. It’s nice for potlucks because you can prepare it ahead of time. —Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, combine process cheese and
- butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Add the cream
- cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is
- Drain carrots; stir into cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased shallow
- 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 270 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.