- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, combine process cheese and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Add the cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain carrots; stir into cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Party Carrots
Sort By :
"I made this as a side dish during the Holidays and after reading the reviews, I used a little less than three pounds of carrots. Several of my guests asked for the recipe. It's easy and tasty!"
"Great recipe! Beautiful with color, nice flavor, everyone enjoyed this. Only change I would make is to add a few more carrots."
"Very good recipe, it was the big hit at our dinner party. Next time I might use 2 1/2 lbs. of carrots, there's plenty of sauce."
"Excellent but very rich,one of our favorite ways to serve carrots."
"I will make these every chance I get. Even people who don't like carrots will love these. We were suppose to save them for the party we were having for the whole weekend. They were gone within one night of the three day party. People couldn't get enough of them. THEY WERE TO DIE FOR!!!"