Bursting with heartiness is this easy-to-fix dip, ideal for all sorts of occasions. "I like to make it during fall when friends come over to watch football games," reports Kelly Hardgrave, who hails from Hartman, Arkansas.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla chips
- Puree beans in a food processor; pour into a heavy saucepan. Add the next seven ingredients; cook over low heat until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving dish; top with bacon. Serve hot with chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Party Bean Dip in Country Woman July/August 1997, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Party Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review