Party Barbecued Franks
These peachy little franks disappear quickly whenever I serve them. The sweet and tangy sauce appeals to all ages.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 jar (18 ounces) peach preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature hot dogs or smoked sausages
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir in the preserves and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hot dogs until
- coated. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield:
- 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.