These are a favorite at parties and gatherings. The recipe is easy...and the meatballs can be made well ahead of time and frozen until needed. I think what makes them taste so good is the sauce. -Nathalie Wiedmann-Guest, Caledon, Ontario
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) hot or regular ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- In a bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes; drain. Combine ketchup and cornstarch in roasting pan. Stir in jellies; add the meatballs. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Appetizer Meatballs in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Party Appetizer Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review