Partridge with Wild Rice Recipe
Gary Miller of Riggins, Idaho shares his flavorful game bird recipe featuring tender partridge on a bed of well-seasoned wild rice. "You can use whatever type of bird you have in your area," he says.
- 1 package (6.7 ounces) mushroom-flavored brown and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 partridge game birds (14 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add game birds and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook birds in oil until browned; remove. Add milk and pepper to skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
- 2. Place the rice in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. top with game birds and milk mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 854 calories, 28 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 62 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC