Gary Miller of Riggins, Idaho shares his flavorful game bird recipe featuring tender partridge on a bed of well-seasoned wild rice. "You can use whatever type of bird you have in your area," he says.
- 1 package (6.7 ounces) mushroom-flavored brown and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 partridge game birds (14 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add game birds and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook birds in oil until browned; remove. Add milk and pepper to skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
- Place the rice in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. top with game birds and milk mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Partridge with Wild Rice in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p56
Reviews for Partridge with Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review