Partridge in a Pear Tree Pie Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry of double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1. Set aside five pear halves; chop any remaining pears. In a large saucepan, combine the chopped pears, cranberries, pineapple and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until some cranberries have popped. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring several times. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and cinnamon. Stir in cooled cranberry mixture.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim and flute edges. Spoon cranberry mixture into pastry shell; arrange pear halves on top. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown (cover edges with foil for last 15 minutes of baking if necessary). Cool on wire rack.
- 3. Roll remaining pastry. Using cookie cutters, cut out small leaves, small pears and a partridge. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Place partridge in center of pie with leaves and pears around it. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 499 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Partridge in a Pear Tree Pie
"This is fantastic! I modified it some. I chopped the pears and added them to the filling. Also, I made a crumble mixture of butter, quick oats, butter, brown sugar and flour for the topping instead of doing the fancy partridge. I was more interested in easy and quick than fancy. I've made this several times and everyone who has tried it has loved it!"