My family fondly follows the "Eat your veggies" command when this dish appears on the table!—Janice Van Wassehnova, South Rockwood, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place parsnips in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-18 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the carrot, celery and onion in
- butter for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the parsnips, salt
- and pepper; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.