Parsnip Pancakes Recipe
Instead of rice or potatoes with her meal, Mom chose these delicate pancakes that are crispy on the outside and tender inside. The parsnips have a pleasant sweetness, while the chives add a hint of onion flavor. —Lois Frazee, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place parsnips in a large saucepan and cover with water; add salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and place parsnips in a large bowl; mash. Stir in the onion, flour, egg and chives.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 159 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Parsnip Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC