Parsnip Carrot Salad Recipe
"Because my husband's garden produced an overabundance of parsnips, I experimented and came up with this combination that can be served as an appetizer, salad or side dish," writes Marge Campbell of Waymart, Pennsylvania. "We like it with duck or chicken."
- 3 cups sliced peeled parsnips
- 3/4 cup sliced peeled carrots
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Place the parsnips and carrots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, lemon juice and mustard until blended.
- 2. Drain the vegetables; add orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chives and celery seed. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 124 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Parsnip Carrot Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC