- 3 cups sliced peeled parsnips
- 3/4 cup sliced peeled carrots
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Place the parsnips and carrots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, lemon juice and mustard until blended.
- Drain the vegetables; add orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chives and celery seed. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parsnip Carrot Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p45
Reviews for Parsnip Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review