"Because my husband's garden produced an overabundance of parsnips, I experimented and came up with this combination that can be served as an appetizer, salad or side dish," writes Marge Campbell of Waymart, Pennsylvania. "We like it with duck or chicken."
- 3 cups sliced peeled parsnips
- 3/4 cup sliced peeled carrots
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Place the parsnips and carrots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, lemon juice and mustard until blended.
- Drain the vegetables; add orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chives and celery seed. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parsnip Carrot Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p45
Reviews for Parsnip Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review