Paired with bright carrots, rosemary and just a hint of heat, the natural sweetness of parsnips shines in this easy side. —Taryn Kuebelbeck, Plymouth, Minnesota
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven, bring the parsnips, carrots and broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Add the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 152 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.