Parsnip Carrot Bake
No one will suspect that this buttery recipe from our home economists is actually good for them. With a hint of dill, the carb-smart side is a colorful way to get your family to eat their veggies.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1-1/2 cups juliennned peeled parsnips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place the carrots and parsnips in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Sprinkle with water, salt, dill seed and parsley. Dot
- with butter. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.