Parsnip & Ham au Gratin
Parsnips, thyme and roasted-garlic soup give this entree a harvest-time feel, while the bread crumbs on top make it rustic and special. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Arrange the parsnips, potatoes and ham in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Combine the soup, milk, 1/4 cup cheese, thyme and
- pepper; pour over parsnip mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and remaining
- cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25
- minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 296 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,082 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.