- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds medium parsnips, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Pomegranate seeds, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add parsnips and celery root; cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove soup from heat; cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in cream, parsley and lemon juice; heat through. Top servings with chives and, if desired, pomegranate seeds. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Parsnip & Celery Root Bisque in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Parsnip & Celery Root Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review