Parsley Tabbouleh Recipe
“This dish is so good and good for you that I have a special place in my flower garden for mint and parsley plants,” notes Marion Cosgrove of Fergus Falls, Minnesota. “It’s best after it’s chilled overnight.” —Marion Cosgrove, Kearney, Nebraska
- 1-1/4 cups bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1. Place bulgur in a bowl; stir in boiling water. Let stand, covered, 25-30 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes and fresh herbs. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Stir in bulgur; refrigerate, covered at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 97 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Parsley Tabbouleh
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC