Parsley Rice Casserole
Who says rice has to be plain? Everyone will rave about the subtle flavors in this easy-to-assemble casserole. Fresh parsley and cheddar cheese lend to its terrific color, while celery salt makes it taste great.Mary Alice Stefancik, Westlake, Ohio
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and rice. Stir in parsley, butter,
- onion, celery salt and salt. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish;
- sprinkle with cheese. Set dish in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; add 1 in of
- hot water to pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a
- knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.