Parsley Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta or hot spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese; process just until mixed. Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
1/3 cup: 337 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Parsley Pasta Sauce
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.