Parsley Pasta Sauce
This cream-based sauce is a nice change of pace from more traditional red sauces. Use it as a topping for your favorite noodles or as the sauce in a deliciously different lasagna.Donna Barleen, Concordia, Kansas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta or hot spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, optional
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese; process just until
- mixed. Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with sunflower
- kernels if desired. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 337 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or