Parsley New Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato if desired; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and 3/4 cup parsley; bring to a boil.
- 2. Add potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with salt if desired, pepper and remaining parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.