Parsley-Crusted Cod Recipe
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Brush oil over one side of fillets; gently press into crumb mixture.
- 2. Place crumb side up in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet: 215 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Parsley-Crusted Cod
"I usually do not care for fish but had some tilapia in the freezer for the hubby and decided to use this recipe to use them up. This was really good. We both ate them up and am looking forward to trying it with the cod next time."
"The lemon peel added a fabulous taste to the fish"
"This was good. I coated both sides with the breading and used seasoned bread crumbs. The fish stayed moist, was quite flavorful, and went together quickly."
"This recipe is delicious and was so simple/quick to prepare and cook! My husband couldn't get enough, definitely will be making again in the near future!!"
"The lemon adds a lot of flavor to this dish. I loved how easy this was to prepare, too!"
"The flavor is similar to many other breaded fish recipes I've tried, but this one excels with ease of preparation. There's no dipping the fish in liquid, them slopping it into crumbs. There's no mess whatsoever - very quick and easy. And it's baked with minimal fat, so it's healthier than a lot of other recipes. This is a keeper for sure."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.