Parmesan Zucchini Spears
This fast-and-fresh side dish is courtesy of Judy Harris of Brainerd, Minnesota.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 small zucchini (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut in half widthwise. In
- a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir zucchini in oil over medium
- heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon peel, salt and pepper. Cook
- and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.