- 3 small zucchini (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut in half widthwise. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir zucchini in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon peel, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Zucchini Spears in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p45
Reviews for Parmesan Zucchini Spears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2012
This was very good as is, but if I am using the grill, I brush them with olive oil and sprinkle them with lemon pepper seasoning.
They grill up fast and taste wonderful even without the parmesan cheese!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >