Parmesan Zucchini Omelet
This meatless entree from Marion Lowery of Medford, Oregon will become a favorite for Sunday brunch or a late dinner.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 slices onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. broiler-proof skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter
- until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, water,
- thyme, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cook over medium heat;
- as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely set, top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and
- top is lightly browned. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 omelet equals 258 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 355 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.